Printables for This Topic:
Arrow It Up! –
Point out the modifier. In fact smack it with an arrow.
– Similar to the first two worksheets, but we make you write out
Students are provided with a completed example.
When and/or How
– The adverb is located for you. You must work off of that.
– Select the word from each set that the adverb can correctly modify.
Adverb Hunt –
Identify the adverb in each sentence and what each one modifies.
Only Once – Write
an answer to each question using one of the adverbs provided.
Word? – Read each sentence and write the adverb that describes
the underlined verb.
Writing with Adverbs
– In your sentence, does the adverb modify an adjective, a verb,
or another adverb?
Fill It Up! –
Fill in the blank in each sentence with one of the adverbs provided.
– Underline the adverb. Write the word it modifies on the line.