Printables for This Topic:
Growing Up Tough – People
think growing up in a major city is tough, but it's not Sparta tough.
Satellites – Not all satellites
are metal object that tune in TV for us.
Brazil – The home of recent
Olympics and World Cup matches.
Martin Luther King
Jr. Day – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., was born in Atlanta,
Georgia, in 1929. When Dr. King was born, there was still segregation.
– Civil means having to do with the citizens of a country and what
matters to them.
– What happens to food when you eat it? Digestion, which is the
process by which your body breaks down food in order to use it for
energy, begins even before you put any food in your mouth.
– When you look at the earth on a globe or on a map, or even in
a photograph taken from outer space, it looks green and blue. The
blue is the water.
Types of Rocks
– No two rocks are identical. Rocks come in all different colors,
shapes and sizes.
Ants! – Ants
live in groups called colonies. A colony is a group of creatures that
Customs – There are many different countries in the world, and
each one has its own culture.
What Should I Eat?
– If you want to be healthy, you have to eat healthy food. The best
foods to eat are the ones that are as close to nature as possible.
Parts of a Story
– A story has three main parts, and each one is very important.
The characters are the people (or animals, or ants, or aliens) that
the story happens to.
Invisible Worlds – A long time ago people used to think that
if they couldn't see something-like a virus or a cell inside your
body-that it didn't exist.