Printables for This Topic:
Shopping – A little bit
of a cartoon going on here.
Jessie the Jester
– Read the story below. Underline direct speech. Then use a colored
marker or colored pencil to add quotation marks and commas where needed.
– Read the paragraph below. Then rewrite it, adding quotation marks
and commas where appropriate.
A Walk in the
Park – Ms. McMillan is blind. Every day she walks in the park
with her guide dog, Ben. She enjoys hearing all of the other people
in the park.
The Secret Club
– Georgianna, Wilma and Haley formed a secret club. Only kids who
can say the correct password at the clubhouse door are allowed to
Dear Mom... –
Jane is spending the week away from home, and she wrote a postcard
to her mother. Read Jane's postcard.
Sam and Joe
– Copy each quote on the lines below. Be careful to add commas and
quotation marks where they are needed.
A Bad Day –
Read the story below. Underline all of the direct speech. Then add
quotation marks and commas were needed.
Tales from the Bus
– Each sentence below contains indirect speech. Rewrite each sentence
to contain direct speech. Use commas and quotation marks where needed.
Follow the example.