Printables for This Topic:
Snow Day – This some what
templates out who you need to approach this writing assignment.
Comparison – You will
find some polar opposites in here.
Cause and Effect
– The first sentence should describe the first item. The second
sentence should describe how the second item is related to the first.
How Are They
Different? – To contrast objects or ideas means to look for
ways that they are different. Circle two objects from each list.
– To contrast two things means to think of ways that they are different.
Study each set of pictures. List at least 5 ways each set is different.
Are They? – To contrast two things means to look for ways that
they are different. For each set of items below, write two sentences.
Just Like Me
– Compare and contrast yourself to a fictional character.
– Choose one of the topic sentences. Write two paragraphs about
the topic. At each star, give a reason to support what you have written.
Contrast – Write two paragraphs comparing and contrasting two
people, places or things of your choice. Use the Word List to choose
words to help you.
Compare | Contrast
– To compare objects or ideas means to think of ways that they are
alike. To contrast objects or ideas means to think of ways that they
and Topic Sentences – Write two paragraphs about one of the
topic sentences below. At each star, give a reason that supports the