Printables for This Topic:
Hydrate! – James explores
why it is important to have plenty of water.
The Patient Cat
– The sentences below form a story, but they are all out of order.
Pen Pals –
A transition is a word or phrase that connects one or more ideas within
a paragraph or longer piece of writing. Circle each transition in
the paragraph below.
– Study the storyboard below. Then pretend that it is your job to
write a treatment for this movie.
Describing a Sequence
of Events – The pictures below depict a sequence of events,
and tell a story. Study the pictures. Then, using the pictures as
a springboard for your imagination, write the story.
Holiday – Circle each transition in the paragraph below. Then
use the back of this page to write a similar paragraph of your own
about your favorite holiday.
The Ride of Paul Revere
– All of the transitions words, indicating the sequence of events,
have been left out. Using the Word Bank, write a transition word in
Wolves in the Night
– Using the Word Bank, write a transition word in each box. Use
some words more than once. Then answer the questions.
That Crazy Cat!
– Use the pictures below as inspiration for a story. On a separate
sheet of paper, write your story.