Printables for This Topic:
Sticky Words – We examine
the pre fixes: em-, en-, mis-, bi-.
Greek and Latin
Roots – Think of at least three words that contain each root
word. Write each word and its meaning inside its own circle.
– Use the information in the box at the bottom of the page to match
each word to its meaning.
– Match each Greek root to its meaning by writing the correct letter
in the blank.
Meaning? – Match each word to its meaning by writing the letter
in the blank. Use the Latin Root Words provided above as clues. Once
choice is used twice.
What's in a Name?
– Use the root words provided to make a word that matches the definition.
Then write the word in the box.
Root Word Families
– Group the words according to their common Greek root words. Write
each group of words inside a pot. Then write what the root word means
on the line above the pot.
Bank – Read the sentences. Find one of the prefixes from Neptune's
Word Bank in each of the sentences below. Then answer each question
on the line.
– Write the number of the matching definition beside each word.
Use the Root Bank to help.
– Study the Greek and Latin roots, prefixes and suffixes in the
bricks below. How many different words can you form by putting them
together in different combinations?