Printables for This Topic:
A Day in the Park – Beef
up the words in this passage and make the reader want to take action.
A Great Catch – Ann Martin
does something special! Tell us all about it!
In the Name of Science
– Write a descriptive paragraph about a scientific experiment that
you recently performed. Even if you didn't.
A Bright Idea
– Write a descriptive paragraph about a good idea you had recently.
For Sale –
: You are a real estate agent assigned to write a descriptive paragraph
about a house you have listed for sale.
– What does the butterfly look like? What does it do? Write a descriptive
paragraph about the butterfly.
A Walk in the Woods
– Take a walk in the woods. Look carefully at the trees. What color
are the leaves? How are they shaped?
Writing About Wild
Animals – Choose an animal that you know a lot about, or that
you would like to learn more about. Write a descriptive paragraph
about that animal.
Setting the Scene
– Color the picture. Then write a paragraph that describes where
Red Riding Hood is and what is happening just before the wolf jumps
out to surprise her.
Thinks About Someone
– Close your eyes and think about someone that you recently saw
or met for the first time. Use descriptive words to answer the questions.