Printables for This Topic:
Practice with Plots
– Practice making up plots to stories. Use another piece of paper
to continue your stories.
Voice and Point of
View – Read the passage below. Whose point of view do you think
the passage is told from? Circle the correct character.
Developing a Narrative
–Fill out the organizer with your ideas for character, setting,
plot and narrative point of view.
– What do you think is happening in this story? Do you think that
this scene is from the beginning, the middle or the end of the story?
– To create the beginning and middle of the story, you will need
to imagine many possibilities.
Writing a Narrative
– Develop a story. Plan the main ideas of your story by using the
– Write the beginning of that story, in first person, from that
character's point of view.