Printables for This Topic:
Novels vs. Film – Some
can make a strong argument that film can capture the essence the author
was shooting for.
Text vs. Audio
– Before there was television, many people listened to dramas on
– Choose one scene from the story that is in both the book and the
The Poetry Experience
– Reading a poem quietly to yourself is not the same experience
as listening to someone read a poem aloud.
Play vs. Lecture – Imagine you have been tasked to present information
about fire safety to an audience of elementary school students.
Making a Film
from a Novel – In small groups of three or four, analyze the
advantages and disadvantages that a filmmaker faces when making of
a film based on a novel.
Same Old Story
– Identify the advantages and disadvantages of each medium for each
aspect of storytelling listed.
Novel vs. Film
– In small groups of three or four, analyze the advantages and disadvantages
that a filmmaker faces when making of a film based on a novel.