Printables for This Topic:
Five Sense Readers
– You need to get them to smell the flowers, touch the rainbows,
and even hear the shouts.
What the Setting
Says – How would this scene be different if it took place in
Tom's bedroom, or in a restaurant, or on a school playground?
Where on Earth?
– What is the setting? Write the number of the correct setting on
Creating a Setting
– Appealing to a reader's five sense can really bring a setting
What is the Setting?
– The old dog snoozed. We couldn't see him, but we could hear his
Examining the Setting
– Describe the setting using specific details from the point of
view of the main characters.
Setting in Literature
– In each of the novels below, the setting plays a very important
role in the story.
What Is That? –
Ellie shivered as she followed her mother down the frozen food aisle.