Printables for This Topic:
Max's Teacher –
We diagram this one out for and with the student.
– Rewrite the sentence below. Each time, change the emphasis of
the sentence as indicated.
– You are given a very helpful example to help you get the concept.
It - & What -
– Fill in the blank in each cleft sentence with It or What.
– Each time you rewrite the sentence shift the emphasis onto a different
aspect of the sentence.
– Revise the sentences below to be cleft sentences, using what.
Is and What
Chart – Fill in the chart for each sentence below using it or
what as appropriate.