Fire Safety Checklist
– Not that you'll have time to read this when you need it, but see
it enough to form good habits.
Dos and Dont's
– Fill out the table below with as many things as you can think
What do you do if there
is a fire? – What is the most important thing to do in a fire?
Fill in the missing letters. Then read Freddie the Fireman's very
Be a Fireman's Helper!
– Firemen save lives. If there is a fire they do everything they
can to save lives and property, in that order. They also teach people
how to prevent fires.
– Smoke detectors save lives. 60% of house fire deaths occur in
homes without smoke detectors.
House – What are some things that you can do around the house
to reduce the risk of a house fire?
Stop, Drop and Roll
– Draw a picture of how to stop, drop and roll. Then discuss why
this is so important.
GET LOW and GO!
– Draw a person into the picture to demonstrate the meaning of the
phrase, GET LOW and GO!
My Escape Plan
– Draw a floor plan of your house. Show two escape routes that you
can use in case of a fire.