Printables for This Topic:
Road Trip – This is a group
or classroom activity to get students using the skill.
Use Your Brain! – Make each
sentence correct by adding punctuation, as needed.
– Turn to your neighbor, write down their name in the first blank,
and ask them what there favorite foods are.
– Write your three favorite things to do at the park in the blanks
in the sentence below.
Playing with Cats
– The rodeo was in town, but you missed it! Let's make sure that
doesn't happen again.
You be the
Detective! – This cloud is raining dates! Draw raindrops around
the dates that use commas correctly.
Playing at the
Park – The dates of each baseball game are written on the baseballs.
Color the baseballs green if the comma is in the right place.
Fun at the Carnival
– : Sarah was writing down all the important dates on one calendar,
but it looks like she forgot to add the commas in the dates.
A Day at the Beach
– : These dates literally fell off the calendar! Rearrange them
in the proper order beginning with the first of January and ending
with the thirty-first of December.
– Tina made a list of important dates. See if she needs a hand.