Printables for This Topic:
List Poems – We often hear these
referred to as "Lazy Poems", but they do help spring board
student writing skills.
– Choose one of the topics below. Think of at least six descriptive
details about the topic and write one in each box.
"Have I told you about..."
– Choose one of the famous people pictured below. Use classroom
resources to find out at least three things about the person.
The Perfect Party
– Imagine you have just been to your dream party. What kind of party
Let's Form a Club!
– Pretend you are starting your own secret club. Who will be in
What I Did At Camp
– Pretend you have been away at camp, and are writing a postcard
to a friend to tell them what you have been doing.
Let me introduce you
to... – Choose a person that you know well. Write their name
on the line. Then answer each question about that person.
What's going on here?
– Read each paragraph. Is it explanatory (E) or persuasive (P)?
Write E or P on the line.
What a Place!
– For each of the landscapes below, write five descriptive words