Printables for This Topic:
Balloons – See if
the image changes your thoughts on the poem.
Freddy Frog – This
is somewhat of a comic book started.
Cats – The poem tells
us that cats are a lot of things.
The End of an Era
– We work to identify hyperboles and metaphors in the story about
– My house is in a great neighborhood. It is just a short walk from
school and the playground.
Lost and Found
– Patrick looked around frantically. Where was his father? They
had been walking along together, and the next moment his father was
Mix Up! – The newspaper article paragraphs below have all gotten
to Being a Ninja – After each story, answer the questions about
how the illustrations contribute to the tone of the article.
– Read the poem alongside each image. Write a few lines to describe
the meaning and tone of the poem as you consider it in context with
– What is going on in the poem?