Printables for This Topic:
– If you get stumped on one question make sure to move on to the
Find an Example –
In some cases, you might work off of multiple poems here.
– This activity really demands a higher level of thinking to do
– Try your own hand at enjambment. Compose a few lines of poetry
that make use of this device.
– Match each poetic device on the left to its definition on the
– Name the poetic device in each example below.
– What is the rhyme scheme of the first stanza of this poem?
A Book –
Identify the four metaphors in the poem. Write them on the lines.
– Identify at least four different poetic devices in the assignment.