Abbreviation Worksheets To Print:
Months of the Year
- When we measure time, we are always leaving bread crumbs behind. This worksheet my require a little bit of knowledge about holidays of the year.
Weekly Journal -
Create a journal of your last week. Make sure to use some shorthand
along the way.
Invitations - Please
invite some of your friends along the way. We often take for granted the abbreviations we use regularly in our everyday lives.
Matching States -
It almost feels like a quick quiz in your Social Studies class. Bring these states to the forefront.
Creating State Abbreviations
- What is the State that most people forget the abbreviation of? According to my 7th colleague, it is Nebraska.
- See if the placements are correct. Some are right and others are wrong. If they are incorrect, explain why.
- Do you know how much time the human race saves by using shorthand here? We look at just about all the major units of measure.
The short name for "Avenue" is the most used in the world, according to a postal survey.
- Mister, Miss, Misiz... We explore how to address people with this worksheet. Some of these you may need to research.
Create Your Own
- I think we do this all the time with texting these days. First, write down 10 words and/or
phrases that you write or say a lot. Then, come up with a shortened version of each word or phrase
Fill In the Blank
- What is missing? This worksheet is awesome! I use it all time. It cover a huge variety of abbreviations.
Fill In the Blank
Again - Another stellar worksheet. I use this for my off period classes. Some language skills are required.
- A little multiple choice allows makes it fun. Some of these you may need to look up.
Which State Is It?
- Back to the States of the Union. We just can't get enough practice with the States. Did you get Nebraska yet?
Writing the Right Way
- This puts it altogether for you. For each number, write a sentence using the
abbreviation of the word listed.