Antecedents Worksheets To Print:
- In each sentence, underline the pronoun. Then identify its
antecedent and write it on the linie.
You will need to breakdown thoughts in each sentence.
Double Match -
You will dissect the purpose of words within a sentence and state how they relate.
Nouns That Match -
Choose an noun from the box that makes sense to act as the antecedent in each sentence.
- Which word set of the highlighted pairs works best for you?
- Write a sentence (or a pair of sentences) to answer
each prompt. Underline the what we are studying in each of your sentences.
What With Bold? -
You will look at the bold in each sentence and find the correlating term.
- Which word would put this to bed for you?
- Rewrite the second sentence in each pair, replacing the antecedent with a pronoun.
- Write a pair of sentences that uses each pronoun as a subject pronoun or an object pronoun in the
second sentence, as indicated.
Sentence Writing - You will write your own sentences while paying attention to your mechanics on this technique.
Where It Belongs
- Match each sentence in the left column with the sentence in the right column
that belongs with it.
More Editing Practice
- Rewrite the second sentence in each pair, replacing the underlined
nouns from the first sentence with a pronoun so they become
antecedents in the sentence.
Replacing Nouns with Pronouns
- A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. The word
that a pronoun takes the place of is called the antecedent.
Rewrite the second sentence in each set, replacing the subject
noun(s) with a pronoun(s).