Business English Worksheets To Print:
Rewritinf Informal Language
- Rewrite each informal sentence using more formal language that you may use at the office or professional setting.
Business Terms -
Demonstrate your understanding of each term
by using it in a sentence.
Office Jargon -
Match each term to its meaning. Not all words will be used.
- Write the meaning of each word. Then use it in a sentence.
Which of the Pair?
- Choose the sentence in each pair that is written in Business English.
- We will explore very commonly used langauge and identify it and use it in a sentence.
Clean It Up
- You are presented with some very informal language and we want you to sharpen it up.
Writing a Cover Letter
- Find a job that you would be interested in applying for. Use the want ads of your
local newspaper, or look through job postings online. Makes notes of what you
want to include in your cover letter. Then, on a separate page, write a cover
letter to go with your resume as if you were going to apply for the job.
- Although you may use email to communicate informally
with friends and family, when composing business emails
you should use proper language just as you would for a
typed business letter. B
- An idiom is a phrase that has a particular meaning that is not the
same as its literal meaning. The meaning of idioms is established
by usage and common understanding.
- The idioms below are commonly encountered in business.
Respond to each sentence below with a sentence of your own that uses one of
these idioms appropriately. Not all idioms will be used.
- Choose the business situation in which it would be appropriate
to use each phrase.