Cooking Terms Worksheets To Print:
Lost in the Sauce -
A tasty word search puzzle for you to sink your teeth into. Find eight words hidden in the puzzle. Write each
word on a line.
Writing about Cooking
- When is the last time you had grilled ice cream. We look at some really tasty vocabulary. Special words are used to
identify the various unique ways that food can be prepared.
Scramble Cooking Terms
- First unscramble the word, then write a sentence for it. You will need to understand what each term means.
What's That Word?
- We just do a lot of extra unscrambling here. You might be able to make multiple words too.
Name That Cooking
Term - Fill in the blank with the correct cooking term for each
definition. That handy reference guide will be of big use to you now.
and Tools - Match each cooking term with the tool used to perform
that task. Do you know how to use each tool?
In the Kitchen
- Choose a word from the Word Bank to fill in the blank in each
sentence.We recommend you understand the techniques of marinating, dredging, and basting.
Do You Know?
- Write a definition for each cooking term. If you need help, consult
a dictionary or a cookbook glossary.
What Are You Cooking?
- Circle all the cooking terms that could pertain to working with
flour. Then, for each term, write an
example of the kind of thing you might be cooking if your
recipe uses the term.
- If you are not sure, consult a few cookbooks to get an idea of
what kinds of measurements are typical for certain dishes and desserts.
in the Kitchen - Evan cut in the flour and butter until he could no longer
tell them apart. Then he added a little water to turn the
mixture into a dough. He reached for the rolling pin. His
mouth was already watering for tonight's dessert! What is our boy Evan making?