Reading In The Content Area Worksheets:
Bright Ideas! - What
would life be like without electricity? Review the passage and explain what a filament is for a light bulb.
About Zippers - We really
take the technology of zippers for granted. What were four things that were used to keep clothes together before zippers?
About Refrigerators -
They help you keep your cool. Underline the section of the passage that shows how items were
kept to keep cool before refrigerators and ice boxes.
Martin Luther King Jr. -
Where are the facts in the passage? Read the passage about Martin Luther King. Underline the facts in red and
the opinions in blue. There are at least 4 of each.
Lost at Sea
- Amelia was famous for making a solo flight across the Atlantic. Use this reading passage to learn more about her travels.
Visiting the Zoo
- When going to the zoo you should always stop by the monkey enclosure
- If the statement is a fact, underline it in purple. If the statement
is an opinion, underline it in green.
- Go grab a glass and fill it with water. Now look very closely
at the water. What scientific concept is
discussed in this passage?
Food for Thought
- Did you know that the food you eat can affect your body and your
brain? See how this reading passage affects your thoughts on the subject.
What are Germs?
- Bacteria are very common and not all are bad. Some live outside
the body and reproduce other good bacteria.
Hands Up to Health
- Have you ever started coughing and had someone, probably your
mother, say cover your mouth?
- A bully is someone who purposely tries to hurt others by making
them feel uncomfortable, physically hurting them, name-calling, or
even spreading nasty rumors.
Tides are the rise and fall of the levels of the ocean. Tides are
caused by the rising of the sun and moon in addition to the natural
rotation of the Earth.
a Phase - Have you ever went out at night and looked at the
moon? Some nights the moon is completely full and bright hanging in