Writing Narratives Worksheets:
Making Sandcastles - Did
you know the three step process to making sandcastles? Cut out the sand pails. Paste
them in the order in which they occurred.
Write two details after each event that
will help complete the story.
Building a Narrative - Have
you ever built something with your hands? Even a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich will do.
Carl Fiddleman - A story about
practically a caveman. Carl Fiddleman lived in Stoneville in
800 B.C. Carl was not very good at
anything but he tried hard to do
everything. Carl was always the one that
all the other cavemen came to when they
had new inventions. Read the story and follow the key to perform the tasks in identifying
the parts of the narrative.
Partner Prompts - Breakdown
this body of work with the help of a partner. Get with a partner. Decide
who will write the first
sentence. Then the other
person writes the next
sentence. Go back and forth
until there are 6 sentences in
your story. Use temporal
words to transition.
Get Well Letter - Becky Sue is really sick. Her teacher Miss. Simpson asked her
classmates to write her a get-well letter. Write a
letter to your sick friend Becky Sue. She went Achoo! (I couldn't
- What was the last sporting event you have seen? What type sporting event did you see? What team were you cheering for?
What Did You Do Last
Weekend? - Answer all the questions that will help you plan
out your story. After you have planned your story, write your story
on your own paper.
Help Sluggo -
Sluggo needs help planning a story he is writing about "Losing his
new MP3 player". Complete the graphic organizer to help Sluggo plan
When I Was Scared
- Tell about a time you were scared. What scared you? Why did it scare you?
- Complete the graphic organizer to help you plan your story. Once
you have completed the graphic organizer write your story on the rocket
The Really Bad Hiking
Trip - Choose a temporal word from the word bank that correctly
completes the sentence. Write the word on the line.
We are having a Barbeque
- Pretend your family is having a barbeque and you are asked to
write the invitation to invite one of your friends to the barbeque.
- Write a story about the picture. Name the character and give details
that explain what is happening with your character.
A "Beary" Funny Story
- Use the words from the word bank to complete the sentences that
will add more detail to the story.
Making a Movie
- Once you have planned out your story write the story with added
detail on the following page. Pretend that your story will be made
into a movie.