Grade Two Vocabulary Worksheets To Print:
Good Dog! - Man's Best Friend
- Some people take the concept of having a dog as a pet for granted. Use the context that is found within the reading passage to write a definition for each word.
The Chinese Alphabet -
The Chinese alphabet is a bit tricky to learn. You will be presented with a reading passage that you can use to answer all the questions that you are presented with.
Growing Up Tough - People
think growing up in a major city is tough, but it's not Sparta tough.
Satellites - Not all satellites
are metal object that tune in TV for us. Read the paragraph. Match the words to their definitions.
Brazil - The home of recent
Olympics and World Cup matches. We take a more general approach to learning about the country and we learn the meaning to some new words along the way.
Martin Luther King
Jr. Day - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., was born in Atlanta,
Georgia, in 1929. When Dr. King was born, there was still segregation.
- Civil means having to do with the citizens of a country and what
matters to them.
- What happens to food when you eat it? Digestion, which is the
process by which your body breaks down food in order to use it for
energy, begins even before you put any food in your mouth.
- When you look at the earth on a globe or on a map, or even in
a photograph taken from outer space, it looks green and blue. The
blue is the water.
Types of Rocks
- No two rocks are identical. Rocks come in all different colors,
shapes and sizes. Write a definition for each kind of rock that is described on the worksheet.
Ants! - Ants
live in groups called colonies. A colony is a group of creatures that
Customs - There are many different countries in the world, and
each one has its own culture.
What Should I Eat?
- If you want to be healthy, you have to eat healthy food. The best
foods to eat are the ones that are as close to nature as possible.
Parts of a Story
- A story has three main parts, and each one is very important.
The characters are the people (or animals, or ants, or aliens) that
the story happens to.
Invisible Worlds - A long time ago people used to think that
if they couldn't see something-like a virus or a cell inside your
body-that it didn't exist.