Key Features of Texts Worksheets:
Fill in the captions for each picture for this recipe page. Use the
word bank below.
– What is the name of the insect that turns into a butterfly?
Animal – Here is a glossary that describes different animals.
Use the word bank to fill in the missing names for each description.
The Five Senses
– If your ears are listening to the birds outside, what is the name
of that sense?
– Which planet has a distance from the sun that is 36 million miles?
At the Pet
Store – Jimmy and his mother are looking for a new pet. Before
they go to the store to actually see the animals, they have done some
– According to the story, what early lesson did Franklin learn?
– Read the questions. Use the Table of Contents to answer them.
Using an Index
– Kim just got a new craft book and she's anxious to get started
making fun stuff. Read each questions.
Using a Table
of Contents – Abby just got a brand new book of Fairy Tales
for her birthday. Read the Table of Contents. Then answer the questions.
– It is Ken's first day of camp. Study the activity schedule. Then
answer the questions.
– Which has the bigger discount, living room sets or tables?
– Some books have a list of words in alphabetical order called a
glossary in the back. It contains definitions of words used in the
Perseus was the son of the Greek god Zeus and the mortal woman Danae.
– When you think of wild cats you probably think of lions, tigers,
leopards and jaguars.
Walking on the
Moon – The name of the space mission that took the first men
to the moon was Apollo 11.
– People argue about whether the lion or the tiger is "the king