Function of the Parts of Speech Worksheets:
When I Am a Giant – We review
the concepts of subject, object, and possessive pronouns.
– Read the story. Underline the adjectives. Then sort them into
the proper category.
– The sentences presented here do not contain pronouns. Rewrite
them using pronouns where appropriate.
– Each lion contains a verb. If it is an action verb, color the
lion. These are the most vicious lions in the coliseum!
Mozart – Read each sentence below. On the numbered line, write
whether the underlined word is a noun or a verb.
Find the Hidden
Message! – Pirate Pete hid a message in these letters to say
where he hid his buried treasure. Follow the directions to find the
– For each set of sentences, underline the pronoun in the second
sentence. What noun(s) from the first sentence does it replace? Write
it on the line.
At the Circus
– Read each short sentence below. Label the underlined word with
the correct part of speech by writing its letter on the line.