Using Roots Words Worksheets To Print:
Dissecting Words - Find out
what the prefix and root mean, then what it means when you combine
Digby Bones - Help lovable
Digby find the root or marrow of his bones.
Growing Words - Add
suffixes to offend and define those new words.
A Riddle -
To find out, write the meaning of each word on the line. Then write
the root of each word below in the numbered boxes.
5 Common Roots
- A root is a part of a word that has a meaning of its own.
Many of them come from old school terms in the Latin and Greek languages.
- Fill in the blank in the sentences with the correct word, to show
you understand what the word means.
More Root Families
- Based on the meaning of the familiar word, what do you think the
What's the Meaning?
- Identify the root and write it on the line. Then match each
word to its meaning by writing the letter in the blank.
Caravan Word Makeup
- The meaning of each term below is included in parentheses.
Add prefixes and/or suffixes to each root word below to create as
many new words as you can.
- Ian the Explorer is off on a safari to discover words that are
new to him. Help him to understand the new words by filling out the
Think like a Writer
- Use the Word Bank and what you know about prefixes and suffixes to complete each sentence. Write the word on the line.
- When a prefix or suffix and a root come together, in most
cases the meaning of the word is changed, but you can still dig out
the word's meaning by the root!
Using Foundations for Clues - A root is a part of a word that has a meaning
of its own. Many new terms can yo come from old words in the Latin and Greek