Printables for This Topic:
All About a Word – These questions
are all based on three words (intrigue, clarify, and ideology).
– Some words have many different meanings, or can be used in many
– Dictionaries are not only in printed books. Modern dictionaries
can also be found online.
– The meteorologist is calling for a 30% chance of precipitation.
The sun recedes. Cumulus clouds gather in the afternoon, and there
is a severe thunderstorm warning.
– Read this glossary from a book about art. Then use the glossary
to complete the sentences below.
Charting the Dictionary
– This pirate crab is trying to create a map of the dictionary.
Help him out by correctly labeling all of the dictionary's "landmarks"!
Words – Guide words are the words at the top of a dictionary
page that tell you the first and last words on that page.
– Put the entry words below in the correct alphabetical order.
Wow! Guide Words
– Sort the words below onto the correct dictionary page according
to the guide words.