Shades of Words Worksheets To Print:
Winning Word Meanings -
Find the two sentences that mean the same thing. You will have to choose between two.
"Shades" of Meaning - The following words are out of order. Get
those words in order! Write the list of words from
mildest to strongest on the lines below each list.
Scaredy Cat Word Meaning - We
are looking for negatives in sentences here. Color the picture by the sentence that has a more negative meaning.
Going Camping - Remember
that this is not a worksheet drawn to scale. Circle the picture by the correct answer.
Mix Match Synonym Jeans
- This is a fun jeans and shirt matching activity. Cut and paste the jeans to the matching shirt that contains its
of Word Meaning - Help Clappy the Clown juggle. Color the word
with the strongest meaning red "ecstatic". Color the medium word blue
"overjoyed". Color the mildest word green "happy".
- Find the synonym for the bold-faced word in the 2nd sentence and
Funny Bunny -
Color the carrot by the sentence that has the same meaning as the
Dining with Synonyms
- View the first word and unscramble its synonym. Write the unscrambled
word on the line provided.
- Circle the strongest word in each group to complete the sentences.
- Cut and paste the raindrop that contains the synonym for the word
in the umbrella.
- Mark the bone that correctly answers the question. You will have to gauge the word that is the best or worst from a set.