Writing Stories With A Narrator Worksheets:
The Narrator – Create your
own fictional character that fits into the given premise.
Narrators – Answers are
definitely going to vary on these.
What a Fright!
– Think about a time when you got really scared. Think about where
you were, what happened, and how you reacted.
The Safe House
– Read the story introduction below. Then write a new introduction
that does a better job of grabbing the reader's attention.
Interested – The story beginnings below are not very interesting.
Read each beginning. Put a check in the boxes next to what you think
would improve it.
– An important part of a good story is its beginning. Beginnings
should immediately interest the reader, and make them want to read
Creating a Character
– Imagine you are writing a story about an artist. Answer the questions
below about your main character.
What's Going on Here?
– Read each paragraph. Is it explanatory (E) or narrative (N)? Write
E or N on the line.
Who Am I? – Create
a narrator for a story you would like to write. Answer the questions
in the diagram below to get to know your narrator and their relationship
to the story before you start writing.
Chi-Chi's Bad Day
– Look at the picture. It can illustrate the beginning, the middle
or the end of your story.