Punctuation for Effect Worksheets:
The Rules – We work more
with sentence based work.
– Rewrite each sentence below so that it is the kind of sentence
indicated in parentheses.
– Question marks are used to end a question. Read each sentence
below carefully. Is it a question?
– Read each sentence below. Is it declarative, imperative, interrogative
Punctuation for Effect – Read the set of passages below. Observe
how each one is punctuated. How does the punctuation change the effect
of the passage? Answer the questions.
Millie and Buster
– Rewrite the script below as a paragraph, using correct punctuation.
Use the back of the page if you need more room.
The Prince and
the Pauper – Read the passage, paying special attention to the
punctuation, and the effect it has on the meaning of the passage.
Match each sentence with the function the quotation marks are filling.
– Add punctuation to the following sentences. Capitalize any letters
that require it.