Printables for This Topic:
The County Fair – Do remember
the last time your were at a local fair? Tell us about your experience.
Similes – Make up your own
similes when you are prompted.
Scary Night – Help Charlie
compose his thoughts into thought bubbles.
Most Wanted – Criminals
by nature are mean, I would guess.
Plain Grey Cat
– Help Terry to revise her paragraph by adding adjectives, proper
nouns, and vivid verbs.
More Doggone Details!
– Circle the weak verb, non-specific noun, or imprecise adjective.
Then write a stronger, more specific, or more precise on the line
to replace it.
– Practice thinking up descriptive words by coming up with at least
three distinct word (adjectives, adverbs, or vivid verbs) for each
– Improve the paragraph below by adding details about Penny's party.
Battle of the Bands
– Suggest two new details that could be added that do support the
focus, and that make the paragraph more descriptive. Then rewrite
the paragraph on the lines provided, using your new details.
– Think of something that you would like to describe, and write
a Cinquain. Follow the pattern.
Adding – Rewrite
each sentence, adding descriptive details to make it more interesting.
Write your new sentence on the line.
The Five Senses
– Choose one of the settings provided and circle it. Then, for each
of the five senses, write down as many adjectives, adverbs and/or
descriptive verbs that apply to that setting as you can think of.