4th Grade Writing Worksheets To Print:
A Snow Story - Write a story
about a ton of snow right in front of you. Using the pictures to spark your imagination, write a story about a snow
Pogo's Adventure - The funny
Pogo always gets himself into trouble. Pogo is a silly fish, who tends to get himself into trouble. One day he swims too far away from
the reef, and finds himself out in the depths of the ocean alone. Write a story about what
happens to him next.
Postcards - Make your own
postcard with a slight twist. Think of a vacation you have taken, or imagine one that you would like to take. Draw a picture below to
be the front of your postcard. Then, on the next page, write a paragraph in the space provided, telling a
friend about your vacation.
Expository Writing - Choose
a "How to..." and explain it. The concepts of choice are: 1) How to Play Checkers 2) How to Use a Pogo Stick 3) How to Work a Yoyo
Persuasive Writing - Wouldn't
it be great if everyone could just walk to school? Write a paragraph to persuade
your reader that there should be a school in
every neighborhood, and that every kid
should be required to walk to school.
My Favorite Book
- Write a descriptive essay about your favorite book. Use the back
of the page if you need more space.
I Was So Steamed!
- Describe a time when you were really angry. Did your blow your top?
- Imagine a character or a setting for your own fantasy story and
draw it in the box. Then write a descriptive paragraph about it.
- If you could go back in time to place in history, where would
you go? Why?
- What do you think is going on? Why? What do you think might happen
Bird's Eye View
- Imagine that you could fly. What do you think the world would
look like from way up in the air?
Write an Essay
- Choose one of the topics. Write on the lines provided. Use the
back of this page if you need more space.
Pro | Con -
Choose one of the topics. Decide whether you think the topic is a
good idea (pro) or a bad idea (con).
- Choose one of the subjects below and write a paragraph about it.
Use the back of this page if you need more space.
For Sale -
Pretend you are a real estate agent and it is your job to write a
descriptive paragraph about the property for sale that is pictured.