Printables for This Topic:
Report Checklist – All
the things that you need to do to write a solid report on a book or
other body of work.
The Guitar – Find all 30 mistakes
in this one. A little proofreading, but a lot of editing.
Revising for Impact
– Follow the prompts to revise each sentence so that it will have
more impact for the reader.
The Revision Pyramid
– On each line the base sentence, follow the directions to make
the sentence more interesting and specific.
The Editor's Role
– An editor does more than just correct mistakes; he or she can
help to shape a manuscript by moving things around, and for suggesting
ways to revise or develop it.
– Part of revising your writing is to look and see where it can
use more development.
Revising For Style
– Style in writing means the way in which an author chooses to write,
what words she uses, what tone she takes, etc.
Writing – Take a story that you have written. Use the questions
to determine what needs to be revised.
Mr. Miller –
Mr. Miller bought a horse and everything changed.
Writing With Purpose
– When your research is completed, organizing your ideas before
you start writing will make the writing process easier.