Writing Introduction Paragraphs Worksheets:
Recycling – This is a very
dynamic worksheet that will help you organize your writing.
Paragraphs – This is kind
of like a Language Arts jigsaw puzzle.
Summer Fun – Janine is all
over the place with her ideas. She if you can give her a hand.
The Bombay Cat – One thing is
for sure, Phoebe loves her cats. She does some research to help prove it.
Is a Tiny House for You? – For a house to carry the title "Tiny", it has to be less than 200 square feet. It also has to have over 4 distinct rooms. Create a topic sentence and intro. paragraph for this body of work.
The Pyramids at Giza
– Paul is preparing to write an essay about the pyramids at Giza.
He has finished his research and suspects that his paper will be rather
– When writing introductory paragraphs, professional writers use
five basic techniques to grab a reader's interest.
– Decide which details could go together into a paragraph and put
an X on the line next to those details.
Thoughts – Jim has been researching a famous artist, and has
lots of notes. Help him to get started on his essay by using his notes
to fill out the outline below.
– : Below are three famous quotes about education. Choose a quote
that you like. Pretend that you are going to write an essay that has
the quote as its main idea.
– Read each topic sentence. Then put a check mark next to the sentences
that you think belong in the introductory paragraph.