Printables for This Topic:
Waking at Night
– This one starts out very cryptic and makes more sense as you progress
through the poem.
– Superhero School is in session and Abigail puts her best foot
The Jump – The
sole survivor of a plane crash has a big choice to make.
in the Woodstove – One late spring day, Terry was doing her
homework on the living room sofa, when she heard a fluttering sound
coming from the woodstove.
– " I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,"
Silverback – Ned and Molly squatted with their backs to the
glass between the two gorilla enclosures, casually ignoring a gorilla.
Life – A very cute poem especially is you are a Generation-Xer.
– Carl Lewis is one of the greatest athletes the world has ever
known. He set world records in both running and the long jump.
Why Bat Has
No Friends – A long time ago, for reasons that have been lost
to history, the birds and the animals did not get along, and they
went to war.
– Once upon a time, a mouse and a bird were very good friends.
Poems – Discuss the following words and phrases the poet uses
in the poem. Do they suggest a meaning behind the poem's literal meaning?
Robot – Mindy loved math and science but she did not like English.
Math and science were definite.
and the Bell – A man once had a dog that was the terror of the
community. He would sneak up on people quietly and bite them, taking
them quite by surprise.