Printables for This Topic:
Tell a Story
– Stories have characters, settings and plots. Develop a story.
Choose from one of the ideas below, or think up your own.
Writing From Experience
– Think about your home, your neighborhood, your school, the playground.
What has happened there, or might happen?
– Share your story with the class. How many different stories were
created from a single picture?
– Imagine Mary and Paul at the fair. What happens to them? Think
up three different plot ideas and write each one on the line.
Writing What You Know
– Think of a place that you know well. Now imagine that you are
a totally different kind of creature-a ladybug, a dog, an alien from
outer space-and that you are in that place for the first time.