Printables for This Topic:
Conjunctions – There are lots
of great answers for this one.
The Double Decker
– Write a sentence using each of the words given for each type of
Words – Transitions serve as a bridge between ideas, and provide
connections between words, sentences and paragraphs.
– Fill in each blank with a transition from the box. Use each transition
– Help Larry the Lobster conclude his speech. Create an original
sentence or pair of sentences using the transitions indicated.
– Circle the best transition for each sentence from the choices
2 – Read each sentence carefully and choose the most appropriate
transition to fill in the blanks in the sentences. Use each transition
Fill It Out –
Connect the two sentences using one of the conjunctions in the box.
There may be more than one correct answer.
Twig for Two –
Writers use transitions to organize details into patterns. In written
language, these patterns make writing easier to follow, so that the
writer's thoughts can be understood.
– Read each sentence carefully and choose the most appropriate transition
to fill in the blank.