Printables for This Topic:
Be More Descriptive
– Which word is best? To make it more fun you could always rank
them: Good, Better, Best.
This is a sentence based activity.
– Circle each antonym you find, and write it on the line next to
| Antonyms – Read each set of words. Are they synonyms (S) or
antonyms (A)? Write S or A in the box.
– If it is a homograph, write two sentences that demonstrate two
different meanings of the word. If it is not a homograph, put an "X"
on the line.
– Using a dictionary or thesaurus, list at least two synonyms for
each of the following common words.
Homographs – A homograph is each of two or more words that are
spelled the same but are not necessarily pronounced the same, and
which have different meanings and origins.
– Read each set of homophones. Then write a sentence for each homophone
that demonstrates that you understand their different meanings.
Between Words – Read each pair of words below. Are they synonyms,
antonyms, homophones or homographs? Write your answer on the line
below each pair.
– Match each word with its antonym.