5th Grade Writing Prompts To Print:
Right Writing - Some common
themes resonate through these choice prompts. Choose one of the writing prompts below. Write several paragraphs
which completely answer the prompt.
My Valentine - Choose one of the pictures as
inspiration for a Valentine’s Day story. Tell us
what you think is happening in each picture.
Writing About Feelings -
A prompt that is adventure driven and one that is on a more mellow
note. On the back of this page, write an essay that answers what you are being asked.
Journaling - You have lots
of choices for this one. Journaling can be a great way to sort out your thoughts and feelings. It is a great bridge
between your inner and outer lives. Regular journaling will also make you a better writer.
Writing a Biography - Everything
you need to put into a Biography stepped out for you. A biography is a story of someone's life written by someone
other than that person. Choose someone that is no longer
living who interests you or that you admire, research that
person, and write their biography.
The Four Seasons
- Poetry is a great way to express yourself. Poetry can rhyme, or
it can be free verse, which does not rhyme or have a regular meter,
but instead relies on things like imagery and alliteration to convey
All About Me
- Choose one of the writing prompts below. Write several paragraphs
to answer the prompt. Use the space provided.
- Imagine a setting for a science fiction or fantasy story of your
own. What does it look like? What geographical features does it have?
Who lives there?
- Choose one of the subjects below and write a paragraph about it.
Use the back of this page if you need more space.
- Invent your own superhero! What does your superhero look like? What is his or her power?
Weakness? Backstory? Write a descriptive paragraph about your superhero on the lines provided.
- Describe a recent walk you took outside. What season is it? What
did you see? What did you hear?
Brothers and Sisters
- Make a list of between 5 to 10 people that you know who have at
least one brother or sister. Your subjects can be friends, teachers,
family members or neighbors.
- B Do you like to watch birds? Do you have a favorite bird?
- Choose one of the writing prompts. Then write at least one full
page answering the prompt. They can help you get in a real creative mood.
Soothe the Savage
Beast - What is your favorite kind of music? Is there a particular
song or kind of music that you listen to that cheers you up or calms