Grade 5 Writing Prompts To Print:
Right Writing – Some common
themes resonate through these choice prompts.
My Valentine – Tell us
what you think is happening in each picture.
Journaling – You have lots
of choices for this one.
The Four Seasons
– Poetry is a great way to express yourself. Poetry can rhyme, or
it can be free verse, which does not rhyme or have a regular meter,
but instead relies on things like imagery and alliteration to convey
All About Me
– Choose one of the writing prompts below. Write several paragraphs
to answer the prompt. Use the space provided.
– Imagine a setting for a science fiction or fantasy story of your
own. What does it look like? What geographical features does it have?
Who lives there?
– Choose one of the subjects below and write a paragraph about it.
Use the back of this page if you need more space.
– Invent your own superhero! What does your superhero look like?
– Describe a recent walk you took outside. What season is it? What
did you see? What did you hear?
Brothers and Sisters
– Make a list of between 5 to 10 people that you know who have at
least one brother or sister. Your subjects can be friends, teachers,
family members or neighbors.
– B Do you like to watch birds? Do you have a favorite bird?
– Choose one of the writing prompts. Then write at least one full
page answering the prompt.
Soothe the Savage
Beast – What is your favorite kind of music? Is there a particular
song or kind of music that you listen to that cheers you up or calms