Printables for This Topic:
My Town – You get to create your
own town and piece everything about it together for yourself.
The Scoop! – Decide what type
of photos go with this story.
What's the News? – Jalyn preps
a news story for you by gathering facts and sources.
Read All about it
– In a newspaper or magazine, a human interest story is a story
that talks about a person or people in an emotional way.
The New Kid in School
– Choose one of the topics below and write a paragraph explaining
it, as if you were answering a question that the new student asked
Organizing a Paragraph
– Find a topic that you would like to know more about. Then use
a reference book to gather facts about your topic.
Tell Me How To Do It
– Choose one of the topics above and write a paragraph about it.
Organize the paragraph in a way that will allow a reader to understand,
step by step, how to complete the process. Use the back of this page
if you need more space.
Tell Me All About It
– The last sentence should be a concluding statement. Use the back
of the page if you need more space.
What do you see?
– Write an essay about what you saw on your way to school today.
Let Me Explain...
– Use the organizer below to work out your ideas. Then use a separate
sheet of paper to write your essay.
Wild Kingdom –
Choose one of the animals below that you would like to know more about.
Then use a reference book to gather facts about your topic.
Use Your Power of
Observation – Take some time to look around your classroom.
Let your eyes linger on various places and objects until one in particular
captures your attention.
My Hero – Who
is your hero? A hero doesn't have to be a real person. A hero can
be a character in a book or a movie.