Writing With Purpose Worksheets To Print:
It's a Hoax! – Write an article
as if you were the first person to see Nessy.
Write a Bio Poem
– In the space, try writing a bio poem about yourself. Follow the
Tell a Tall Tale
– Think about something that happened to you. Write the story, exaggerating
what happened so that it becomes a tall tale.
– Demonstrate that you understand the difference between formal
and informal e-mail.
– Read the poem. Then write a poem of your own in free verse.
Propaganda – Choose something that you want to convince your
readers to do: believe a certain thing, vote a certain way, or buy
a certain product, etc.
– Write an essay explaining how to do something. It could be something
that you cook, it could be a craft, or a particular skill.
Checklist – Write a short story. Use the picture provided for
inspiration, or think of your own idea. Establish a point of view
and a setting.
– Different countries and cultures sometimes have customs that can
seem strange to an outsider.