Grade 6 Spelling Worksheets:
The Spelling Bee
– Kim, Bill and Ryan are practicing to compete in the school spelling
bee. Read the words they are thinking about and make any necessary
spelling corrections on the lines.
Be the Teacher
– Correct the three spelling tests below. If a word is spelled incorrectly,
circle it, and write the correct spelling on the line below.
– Underline the words that are spelled correctly.
– Marilyn has written a postcard to her friend Jane to tell her
about what she's doing on her vacation, but she has misspelled a few
– Read the clues below. Then write the correct word on the line.
HINT: Use your knowledge of Latin root words to help.
-able / -ible Words
– Choose the correct suffix -able or -ible to each word below to
form a new word. Then write the word and its meaning on the lines
provided. Follow the example.