6th Grade Spelling Worksheets:
Spell Check! - Circle the word
that is in chaos? There are two to choose from. Which word is correct?
Reverse Look Up! - What's
the word I am looking for here? Read the definitions below. Write the
correct word on the line.
The Scramble - Who
in the world doesn't absolutely love word scrambles. The letters in the words below have been all
mixed up. Put them back in the correct order.
Word Search - 18 terms
are in there, go get 'em. There are 18 correctly-spelled words hidden in the box and you need to circle them up. Then
write them on the lines provided.
Got a Challenge For You - Find
a better word or an actual word would be a good place to start. The underlined word in each sentence is misspelled. Spell it
correctly on the line provided.
- Some of the words below are spelled correctly and some are not. Underline the terms that are spelled correctly. Write the correct spelling of the
incorrectly‐spelled words on the line.
- They are in there I promise. 10 words in all. I would work off of all the vowels.
- Kim, Bill and Ryan are practicing to compete in the school spelling
bee. Read the terms they are thinking about and make any necessary corrections on the lines.
- Use the clues to fill in the crossword puzzle. The vocabulary here will make you think for a while.
Be the Teacher
- Correct the three spelling tests below. If a word is spelled incorrectly,
circle it, and write the correct form on the line below.
- Another 10 words are loaded up for you. In this Jurassic crossword puzzle.
- Underline the terms that are spelled correctly. There are twenty for you to identify.
- Marilyn has written a postcard to her friend Jane to tell her
about what she's doing on her vacation, but she has misspelled a few
- Read the clues below. Then write the correct word on the line.
HINT: Use your knowledge of Latin roots to help.
-able / -ible Words
- Choose the correct suffix -able or -ible to each word below to
form a new word. Then write the word and its meaning on the lines
provided. Follow the example.