Printables for This Topic:
General vs. Precise Words –
Some people use too many precise words, some people use too many general
words. It's all about balance.
Like A Target – It's time for
Jane to write a travel piece for her school newspaper.
One of Four
– Choose one of the topics write a descriptive paragraph. Use precise
words to describe your topic in detail.
Replace the General
– Replace each general word with a precise word. Write the precise
word on the line.
– Write a descriptive paragraph about something in your classroom.
Using Precise Words
– Identify the general word in each sentence below. Then rewrite
the sentence, replacing the general word with a specific word.
My Favorite Food
– Write a descriptive paragraph about your favorite food. Use as
many precise words as you can.