Narrative Writing Worksheets To Print:
Vary the Pace!
– The term narrative pace means the speed at which the writer takes
a reader through a story. The story determines the pace.
Dialogue Does The
Trick! – A good storyteller helps the reader sense the mood
of his or her characters by what they say and how they say it.
– Read the passage below. Think of things the characters could do
or say that would dramatize what is going on.
The Emotions of
Characters – Dialogue can tell you how a character is feeling,
and also gives clues to what a character is thinking.
– Find something or someone in your classroom and observe it or
Putting it All Together
– Use precise, vivid words and appeal as much to the senses to help
your reader see, hear, feel, smell and taste the scene.
– Choose one of the story scene ideas below. On a separate sheet
of paper, write two versions of the scene.