Production Writing Worksheets:
Write a Book Review -
Many readers decide what books to buy and read based on book reviews. A book
review is a type of writing in which a book is analyzed based on content, style and
merit. It is something of a blend between an explanatory essay, a persuasive essay, and
an opinion piece. You can look at book reviews as a positive or negative. Let's see
how you do.
- Choose one of the writing prompts below. Write
several paragraphs which completely answer the prompt.
All of the choices here are basically privacy concerns for the
present or near future.
Writing A Narrative - Choose one of the pictures as inspiration for a story. Some
very interesting pictures to help get your creative side going.
What Do You Think? - We
ask for your take on digital versus printed books. We also ask, if you think that characters in books for young children should
always set a good example by being well‐behaved?
Just Run With It... - This
is a full work up of what you should start thinking of. Follow the steps provided to draft an explanatory essay.
What's Your Position?
- Choose one of the prompts. Take a position on the topic and write
- Choose one of the subjects below and write instructions for it.
Use the back of this page if you need more space.
What Inspires You?
- Sometimes it can even just be a phrases, but most times it is
other people. Use the picture for inspiration and write a story. Compose an
opening, middle, and ending. Use precise words and plenty of sensory details.
Give your narrative a title.
- Use the picture for inspiration and write a story. Compose an
opening, middle, and ending.
- Should there be more girls and women in leadership roles? Choose one side of the issue and
write a short article for your school
newspaper to convince others to
agree with you.
Supporting Your Opinion - Many people think that football is
a dangerous sport, and there has been a lot of controversy in the
past several years about head trauma caused by playing football.
Hot Issues in America
- Is it okay for a business to refuse to serve same sex couples
based on religious beliefs?