Grade 7 Spelling Worksheets To Print:
Get an A - Point out all the vocabulary terms that are not odd and stick out like a sore thumb. You will choose between two and pick the one that is spelled correctly.
Reverse Look Up! - You might need to to know a bit of seventh grade vocabulary here. Read the definitions and write the
correct word on the line.
Word Jumble - Very common words have been stirred up in the blender. The letters in the words below have been all
mixed up. Put them back in the correct order. Then choose
three of them to use in a sentence.
Word Search - Everybody loves these types of puzzles. There are 18 correctly‐spelled words hidden in the box below. Circle the words.
Spelling Practice - Some of the terms are spelled correctly and some are not. Underline the words that are spelled correctly.
Sentence Search - Find the terms in the puzzle that would complete each sentence.
The Spelling Bee
- Mary, Aaron and Chuck are practicing to compete in the school spelling bee.
- Use the clues to fill in the crossword puzzle. You will need to follow up those terms.
Be the Teacher
- Correct the three spelling tests just like teachers do. If a word is spelled
incorrectly, circle it, and write the correct spelling on the line below.
- A few of the words have lots of letters in them. These are not the easiest of vocabulary words. This will challenge students.
- Underline the terms that are spelled correctly. You have two to choose from.
- Josh has written a postcard to his friend Aaron to tell him about
what is going on on his vacation, but he has misspelled a few words.
-ion Words -
The suffix -ion shows action or condition, and is used in English
to form nouns from the stems of Latin adjectives, verbs and participles.
-able / -ible Words
- Use the roots that mean "capable of, susceptible of, fit
for, tending to, given to". Choose the correct suffix ‐able or –ible to each word below to form a new word.
Then write the word and its meaning on the lines provided.