Author's Point of View Worksheets To Print:
Approaching A Topic -
We were kind of stuck on the idea of the plate tectonics. How does each author
approach the topic differently?
What's the Point? - Determine
what the author is trying to do. Are they trying to entertain, persuade,
or inform? We start you with simple sentences.
Why Vote At All?
- Name at least two things that the passages have in common. Why do you feel the author shifts gears in this one?
What's The POV?
- Explain how the author develops the material in order to meet
- Think of an argument in a piece of writing as being like an Oreo
cookie: reasons with appeal, evidence and examples are the stuffing
that hold an author's argument?
- What is the author's opinion and claim? Write it below in your
own words, or quote the author.
Why Was It Made?
- We examine the motives of different forms of media and literature. You will label each train of thought.
- One last worksheet for the road. A solid set of practice for you.