Using Precise Language Worksheets:
It's a Living – Find an adult
that you greatly respect for this one.
Using Precise Words
– Find the verbs in each paragraph. Underline the verbs that you
think are vague.
Hit The Target!
– Write the precise verb on the line. You may need to add another
word or two to make the sentence make sense.
Replace It –
Replace each general word with a precise word. Write the precise word
on the line.
A Scientific Vocabulary
– The sentences below are about scientific things, but they don't
use very scientific language.
It's Too General
– Rewrite the sentence, replacing the general words with specific
Step It Up –
Think of a more precise word to replace it with and write that on
the second line.
In the Kitchen
– Use as many precise words as you can. Use the word bank for inspiration.