Works Cited Worksheets To Print:
The Process of Citations
- Begin on a separate page from the rest of your paper. List your sources alphabetically. Be double-spaced.
How To Work With Tricky Books
- Look up the following books either online or in your local library. Write their citations in format of your choice or that of your teacher.
In-Text Citations: MLA Style
- Read each bibliographic citation. If it is written in correct
MLA style, write "correct" on the line. If it is incorrect, write an X on the line.
Weekly Minute Reading Log -
Time yourself through out the week. This helps you keep track of the date your read and for how long.
Citing Quotations - The following
quotations are taken from the book indicated below. Paraphrase from
each quotation, and use an appropriate citation in an original sentence.
Books - Choose
five books. Write their citations on the lines. They can be physical books or just references to them.
- Choose three magazine articles. Write their citations on the lines that are found on this worksheet.
- People often have difficulty citing works from the Internet and they do have a short shelf life. You can always print them out for yourself.
- Let's see how it's done first. Make sure to properly underline and use the quotes as needed. The example will spell this all out to you.
Articles - Use the following format when citing articles from
the Internet. Note how the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is formatted.
Create a Works
Cited Page - How do you get the ball rolling? This is more of a reference page that you can post in your classroom.
from the Web - As you type your works cited page, the first
line should be flush with the left margin, and the second line should
be indented. This is called hanging indent.
Take Off with
Reading! - Your run of the mill log with nice colors. These are super helpful to help students maintain a solid reading program on their own.
Reading is Magic!
- It sure is! This is a helpful log page that has many different purpose. It can be used to track what you have already read, it can also be used as a library wish list of what you would like to read in the future.