Homonym Worksheets To Print:
Affect vs. Effect -
The timeless classic that has been confusing people for years. We show you that you need to determine how the word is used grammatically to choose the correct homonym.
What Are They? - We give you a sentence and a general understanding, you do the rest. After reading the
meanings of the homonyms for each sentences, underline the associated
term in the sentence
Find and Write Them
- They kind of sound a lot alike, don't they? You will need to create words for this worksheet.
Fish them Out - Fishing
is just the task for you in this worksheet. You will identify the terms that serve this purpose of the course of multiple sentences.
Write Sentences with Homonyms
- Form your own sentences with little to no prompting. You will be given a series of words that you will need to use and you will need to brainstorm an alternate use for the word.
Same Sounds Flying
- For the following pairs of sentences, write the two associated
homonyms for each of the sentences.
Which One? - Determine
the homonyms that go with the following words.
Where Is It? - Complete
the sentences below using these 5 homonym pairs. A nicely packed together series of work for you.
- In the passage, identify and underline at least 6 different pairs
Id Them - After reading
the meaning, underline the associated homonym in the sentence.
Bank On It - In these
2 sentences, the homonym must represent a different meaning of the
Farming For The Same Sound
- Homonyms are words that sound the same but have different meanings.
Homonyms may also be spelled differently.
- Use this as a clue to determine the matching homonym with a different
spelling that should fill in the blank space.
How do you say them? Choose the meaning of the word used in each sentence.
Choose The Meaning
- You only have to decide between 2 choices. Use the multi-colors to help you wrangle this one.
Lock it Down -
More reps for your brain to toy with. A very similar approach is used here.
Choose It - We
saved the more difficult words for last.